News on Dr.Web products Subscribe to news
March 31, 2022
Notwithstanding that, Doctor Web would like to remind all users that its product line does include a reliable anti-virus app for mobile devices—Dr.Web Security Space for Android.
September 30, 2021
Overall, the Russian anti-virus applications maintain protection over 1,805 nodes in the Directorate's 93 offices. Dr.Web has proven to be the perfect choice. In a very short while, it has managed to resolve all the information security issues confronted by DIRSAPOL’s personnel.
“All the problems we had to deal with before we started using Dr.Web have been solved. , we unreservedly recommend this solution. We value Dr.Web products for their stability. They operate flawlessly and never disrupt the operation of our computers or other programs”, commented Elizabeth Villena Delgado, an executive with the Peruvian Police Healthcare Directorate.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that Doctor Web recently released version 13 of its Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. The new version embodies all the best features of the previous generations, organically combining them with cutting-edge innovations that further simplify the suite’s deployment and administration. For example, it incorporates advanced features for the remote installation and updating of the Dr.Web Agent, including for Unix-like systems, and now supports the light agent for protecting virtual machines.
Dr.Web deployment success stories worldwide and our unwavering commitment to provide the highest quality anti-virus products demonstrate that any problems associated with malware can indeed be solved!
September 23, 2021
Thanks to its exceptional scalability, Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 13 is the perfect choice both for small and medium companies and for larger organisations and corporations. The wide variety of multi-platform software components, which are designed to protect PCs, servers, gateways and virtual machines, allows you to establish a reliable all-round end-point security system that will accommodate all the aspects and features of your organisation's information infrastructure and workflow.
With Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 13, the process of discovering and responding to anti-virus security incidents is automated—threats get neutralised without any system administrator’s intervention. The security suite won’t just prevent individual PCs and servers from getting infected. A comprehensive analysis of all activity and traffic keeps threat actors from penetrating deeper into your corporate infrastructure. Information about all the incidents discovered is logged and can subsequently be used to thoroughly investigate each incident and eliminate its cause.
Dr.Web Security Control Center will help you manage your anti-virus network and security software effectively on all types of protected devices, allocate system resources for the tasks at hand and introduce changes to your security policies whenever necessary.
Thanks to the option to export data to SIEM systems, Dr.Web ESS can become the core of your organisation's information security or easily be integrated with a pre-existing solution.
Customers around the world have long valued the reliability and efficiency of Dr.Web products for business. For over two decades, these software suites have been adopted successfully to maintain the anti-virus security of companies; financial, healthcare and cultural institutions; educational organisations; science facilities; and governmental agencies, including the Russian Federation's Ministry of Defence and Supreme Court. But we’re not resting on our laurels—we are constantly tracking the evolution of cyber threats and continue to perfect the security technologies we’ve developed to detect and neutralise them. Dr.Web applications are getting even more user-friendly and easier to administer. This level of commitment allows us to create products that meet the highest security standards, and Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 13 proves that once again.
Key innovations in Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 13:
- Advanced remote installation and updating options for Dr.Web Agent under Windows and Unix-like systems. The agents can be deployed via the Control Center as well as by using special utilities. The agent software for Android can now update automatically.
- Flexible options for allocating system resources on protected PCs, the ability to lower the priority of auxiliary tasks for gathering statistics and to limit the network bandwidth used to exchange data. This option will allow you to run the agent software with equal effectiveness on low-spec devices and on hosts engaged in high-performance computing within your infrastructure.
- The light agent mode is designed to protect virtual environments. It optimises anti-virus routines for virtual machines running on one physical server by delegating certain anti-virus tasks to a special VM service. With information from multiple VMs processed by a single scanning service, the host’s overall workload is reduced, allowing the physical server’s system resources to be used more efficiently.
- You can create custom security policies and use flexible options for managing access to third-party devices for individual user groups where the PCs are protected with the Office Control component.
- A new anti-virus network tree view allows system administrators to control anti-virus security on protected devices with great efficiency even in the most complex infrastructures..
You can find out more about the new version 13’s features here
September 14, 2021
Dr.Web AV Desk 13 is a universal solution, allowing you to deploy a distributed anti-virus network and remotely administer end-point security on all the hosts that receive the anti-virus software on a subscription basis.
The subscription-based Dr.Web Anti-virus protects PCs, servers and mobile devices, regardless of their actual location and how they connect to the Internet. An IT service provider can employ Dr.Web to protect its customers’ devices. It is also an ideal choice for organisations with complex distributed infrastructures that have a large number of devices outside the protected corporate network.
With Dr.Web AV-Desk, operators can closely monitor and keep track of all security incidents, collect statistics and promptly adjust the anti-virus software parameters to respond to emerging threats.
Nowadays, the subscription-based Dr.Web keeps over half a million devices across the world protected from malware and their number is growing daily.
- ystem resources are used more sparingly, thanks to the ability to delegate anti-virus protection tasks to a separate designated virtual machine that runs certain anti-virus routines for other VM agents on the same physical server.
- Advanced remote installation and updating options for Dr.Web Agent running under Windows, Unix-like systems and Android.
- Upgraded routines for collecting and analysing statistics on identified threats. The ability to look for information using file hashes.
- Improved subscription usage reports.
August 5, 2021
Users can interact with the bot either by forwarding their links and files to the bot with their personal messages or adding the bot to their conversations. If the second option is selected, the bot will examine the content in real time. Please note that the bot will require administrator permissions in your conversation in order to scan links.
Documents (archives, text files, ebooks, etc.), as well as links and attachments in comments and posts (documents, wiki pages and notes), are examined. Because on VKontakte all uploaded images are compressed to the JPEG format and no original images are saved, the images aren't scanned by the bot. The maximum allowed file size for scanning is 200 MB.
The bot makes use of Dr.Web Cloud and the virus databases to detect and neutralise brand-new threats that may lurk in social media messages.
You can configure the bot to report on the results of each scan or instruct it to only alert you when an actual threat is detected.
To start using DrWebBot for VK, open this link. To configure the bot, use the ‘/settings’ command. Here you can also select the language for interacting with the bot and how the bot will notify you about scan results.
Please note that currently the bot can only communicate with users in two languages: English and Russian.
March 16, 2021
Recall that Apple has made dozens of its services and applications inaccessible to security software. To make Dr.Web fully operational under the new OS version, Doctor Web had to develop traffic-filtering and scanning modules for its anti-virus literally from scratch.
Dr.Web 12.5 software components are installed as system extensions for macOS. As a result, to uninstall the application, each of its modules must be removed individually.
The following issue has been identified and will be resolved shortly: Dr.Web firewall does not work under macOS Big Sur 11.3 beta 3.
Also note that only the x64 architecture is supported for macOS Big Sur. The new Dr.Web version for macOS does not yet support ARM64.
To participate in the beta-testing of Dr.Web 12.5 for macOS, please go to this page.
February 19, 2021
That being said, Doctor Web still strives to make its solutions as user-friendly as possible. With that in mind, public beta testing is now underway. Join the ranks of beta testers and grab this unique opportunity to interact directly with Dr.Web developers. See for yourself how the anti-virus is made and make a sizable contribution towards the creation of this flagship anti-virus solution for business.
As customers eagerly await the upcoming release of Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 13.0, Doctor Web welcomes inquisitive beta testers and is already preparing gifts for the biggest contributors.
Let's take a quick look at how Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 13.0 improves on its predecessors.
In response to customer requests, version 13 incorporates features that allow for even better integration with process control systems, including critical infrastructures:
- The ability to allocate precisely the CPU and memory usage for the anti-virus scanner;
- The option to lower the priority for tasks related to collecting additional information on protected hosts;
- The ability to lower the bandwidth for connections between a proxy server and the centralised administration server.
All these features are particularly important for systems involved in various technological processes for which it is critical that a fast response time be maintained and CPU usage and the anti-virus’s memory footprint be kept to a minimum.
Easy to use. Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite is packed with cutting-edge technologies, and all these state-of-the art features are actually easy to control—thanks to the Control Center. Your vast network may connect computers in multiple branch offices (as is the case with Russia’s country-wide election infrastructure, which Dr.Web has been protecting for years). Version 13 also incorporates innovations that will benefit system administrators. Thanks to the new layout in the Control Center's anti-virus network view, managing a large number of objects has gotten easier.
Available across multiple platforms. Compatibility with various versions of Windows and Linux, as well as with macOS, is another major advantage of Dr.Web. A protected infrastructure may connect all sorts of computers running different operating systems. And, whereas previously Dr.Web was only easy and quick to deploy under Windows, version 13 boasts easy deployment options for Linux as well. Installing and managing the anti-virus software on protected hosts is now much easier. Dr.Web Agent can be installed on Linux machines via the Control Center or using a special utility.
Flexible settings. With the Dr.Web Control Center, protected hosts can be organised in groups matching the actual structure of your company. And then the anti-virus software can be fine-tuned for each of these groups. The system administrator can also take advantage of Office Control and determine which sites and network resources should be available to the employees in each specific group. In version 13, Office Control lets you manage settings for each user group and control which removable media are accessible on user computers. You can also take advantage of an extended list of unwanted site categories to prevent employees from visiting certain sites.
All in all, the new Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite version is packed with new features, tweaks, and upgrades. You can find more information about version 13 here: And all these innovations are highly anticipated by users and make this solution even more appealing to prospective customers. With this in mind, Doctor Web is committed to ensuring that before the official release date, all the features work exactly as expected, the user experience is completely trouble-free, and any shortcomings are discovered and corrected. Therefore, we invite all users to test this innovative solution, and we look forward to hearing what you like and don't like about the new version and what you think Doctor Web can do to make it even better. And, as is customary, the most active contributors are in for a reward. This time around the five most active beta testers will receive Dr.Web-branded hoodies!
To beta test Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 13.0, follow this link:https://beta.drweb.com/?lng=en. Please note that registration is required to access the beta section of our website.
December 3, 2020
Note that macOS Big Sur is fundamentally different from previous Apple OS versions. In particular, its software interface, which must be used by security applications, has been altered. As a result, our specialists had to start creating from scratch modules responsible for intercepting network traffic and checking launched files. The work being undertaken to ensure compatibility with macOS Big Sur is almost complete, and soon this OS will be added to our list of supported OSs.
The release of Dr.Web for macOS with support for macOS Big Sur will be announced separately; the upgrade to this version will be available free of charge to all Dr.Web users.
The latest information about supported operating systems can be found in the Dr.Web product documentation.
September 29, 2020
Facts confirm that a lightweight anti-virus is no longer enough: most incidents prompting users to contact our support service occur because their PCs are either running the basic protection application Dr.Web anti-virus or they have had important Dr.Web Security Space components disabled.
We are striving to ensure that there are no gaping holes in our customers' anti-virus security and are offering them the ability to upgrade to Dr.Web Security Space free of charge. To upgrade, just go to your My Dr.Web portal and download a new key file it is already waiting for you.
Then just download Dr.Web Security Space and follow the installation instructions.
This upgrade will benefit our customers in many ways.
Therefore, after October 1, Dr.Web Anti-virus users will get a complete set of security components free of charge (previously, their anti-virus software included neither the anti-spam, nor the HTTP monitor and Parental Control) as well as protection for their Android device (or multiple handhelds depending on the number of protected PCs). And it won't matter whether you purchased your Dr.Web Anti-virus online or in a box.
After October 1, customers will be able to renew their Dr.Web Anti-virus licenses by purchasing a Dr.Web Security Space license. A renewal discount will apply. If you choose to expand the coverage of your current license, you will also be prompted to upgrade to comprehensive protection. And if you register your serial number after October 1, a Dr.Web Security Space key file will be generated for you instantly no additional payment required!
We are confident that our joint effort will help make anti-virus security more robust for everyone who chooses Dr.Web, and we will be happy to see our close-knit Dr.Web Security Space user community get even bigger!
August 5, 2020
MaxPatrol SIEM developers created an API to integrate the solution with the latest versions of Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite software. Now MaxPatrol SIEM can be linked with the Dr.Web software right out of the box and collect information about suspicious events and malware activity from the nodes that run Dr.Web products. MaxPatrol SIEM will analyse the data to determine whether the events are connected with other incidents within a corporate infrastructure. This can provide better understanding of what is happening on a network and help unravel complex attack patterns.
"Infive years, MaxPatrol SIEM has learnt how to support over 300 solutions as data sources straight out of the box. We constantly keep an eye on the latest releases of the supported systems and, if necessary, write integration modules specifically for these new versions," commented Mikhail Pomzov, Positive Technologies Knowledge Base and Expertise Manager. "In addition to Dr.Web product series 6 and 10, MaxPatrol SIEM now supports the latest Dr.Web software versions, namely, series 11 and 12."
Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite is not only anti-virus software that has earned its fine reputation among users by providing high-quality system protection. Thanks to state-of-the-art technologies developed by Doctor Web, Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite is able to stand guard over all the intrusions paths that malware can potentially use to infiltrate computers. Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite can detect known trojans as well as previously unknown malicious programs that are being used by attackers for the first time. Thanks to the ability to detect a wide variety of threats, MaxPatrol SIEM and Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite users can effectively identify attacks of any level of sophistication—from intrusion attempts made by unskilled criminals to professional APT (advanced persistent threat) campaigns.
"Anti-virusand SIEM software are essential components in comprehensive corporate information security systems. We strive to provide our customers with all possible options for maximum integration into their information security systems and are constantly looking for new technology partnerships," said Vasily Sevosteyanov, Doctor Web Sales Technical Support Manager.
About Doctor Web
Doctor Web is the Russian developer of Dr.Web anti-virus software. Dr.Web anti-virus software has been developed since 1992.
Doctor Web is one of the few anti-virus vendors in the world to have its own technologies to detect and cure malware, an anti-virus laboratory, a global virus monitoring service and technical support.
The company is a key player on the Russian market for software that meets the fundamental need of any business — information security. Dr.Web software is certified by the Federal Service for Technical and Export Control (FSTEC) of Russia, the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), and the Russian Ministry of Defence. Dr.Web products are compatible with a wide variety of operating systems and platforms.
About Positive Technologies
Positive Technologies has been creating innovative information security solutions for 18 years. The company develops products and services to detect, verify, and neutralize the real-world business risks associated with corporate IT infrastructure. The company's technologies technologies are backed by years of research experience and the expertise of world-class cybersecurity experts. Over 2,000 companies in 30 countries entrust their information security to Positive Technologies. В числе клиентов компании в России — 80% участников рейтинга «Эксперт-400». Follow the company in social media: (Facebook, Vkontakte, Twitter) and at ptsecurity.com.
July 17, 2020
In Dr.Web 12.0.0 for macOS, the application's main window is replaced with a unified agent interface that seamlessly integrates with the operating system and extends its functionality.
All the necessary actions are now accessible via the status menu—there is no need to stack additional windows on your desktop.
The firewall is another important innovation in Dr.Web 12.0.0. This component facilitates control over data exchanged between a Mac and the network.
Web camera and microphone protection ensures that no one gains unauthorised access to these devices (available in the releases up to macOS Catalina).
- Proxy-server settings can now be specified for virus database updates.
- Express scans now start faster.
Thanks to thorough performance optimisation, the application boasts even lower CPU and memory usage. Furthermore, the new version has eliminated an issue that prevented certain Apple applications from working properly when the option to scan TLS traffic was enabled.
To update Dr.Web for macOS to version 12.0.0, you need to download the new distribution.
June 29, 2020
As part of its technology partnership with Huawei, Doctor Web has introduced support for TaiShan server solutions in its Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite corporate product. TaiShan servers are powered by 64-bit Kunpeng multicore ARM CPUs, which are designed and manufactured by Huawei.
With almost 30 years of anti-virus software development experience under its belt, Doctor Web has its own in-house malware research laboratory, which is constantly revising the breakthrough threat-neutralisation technologies that power Dr.Web products. This is why the company's customers are always thoroughly protected from cyberattacks.
The upgraded Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite provides anti-virus protection for all corporate infrastructure nodes—from PCs to all kinds of servers. With the Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite Control Center, system administrators and information security professionals can monitor attempted attacks and easily configure the anti-virus software on every protected host in the network, including devices that are being used by employees to work from home.
Doctor Web holds certificates that attest to the high quality of its products, which are used by organisations with rigorous security standards and often protect sensitive data. Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite is certified by FSTEC Russia and Russia's Ministry of Defence. The solution complies with the highest security standards established by the regulating bodies for infrastructures processing information that contains state secrets and requires the highest security clearance.
Now, that ARM64 is supported by Dr.Web software, Huawei customers and partners can enhance the security of their servers with state-of-the-art solutions that provide reliable protection from all types of malware.
Kunpeng processors are among the industry’s highest performing ARM-based server CPUs, powering data centers engaged in big data analysis. These infrastructures require all-round anti-virus protection—something Dr.Web can readily provide.
The anti-virus software for the Taishan servers opens up an entire new avenue of opportunities for technology partnerships and joint commercial projects involving Doctor Web and Huawei.
About Doctor Web
Doctor Web is the Russian developer of Dr.Web anti-virus software. Dr.Web anti-virus software has been developed since 1992.
Doctor Web is one of the few anti-virus vendors in the world to have its own technologies to detect and cure malware; it has an anti-virus laboratory, a global virus-monitoring service, and a technical support service.
The company is a key player on the Russian market for software that meets the fundamental need of any business — information security. Dr.Web products are compatible with a wide variety of operating systems and platforms.
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructures and smart devices. With 194,000 employees across the world, the company helps organisations and individuals build reliable and efficient digital ecosystems by offering competitive solutions and services. One-third of the world's population in over 170 countries uses innovative Huawei solutions and services. В 1997 Россия стала первым зарубежным рынком для Huawei.
June 26, 2020
When analysing requests coming into Doctor Web's technical support service in recent months, we see a surprising picture. In the incident analysis results, messages, as if carbon-copied, keep describing incidents whose details are the same:
- ...unauthorised sign-in as a result of one of the account passwords getting cracked;
- ...after signing in, a cybercriminal runs an encrypted script via the RDP protocol;
- ...according to the latest report, there is a server with address in your network with a suspicious network activity;
- ...the Dr.Web anti-virus was installed... on the server... after encryption occurred.
Companies lose their data, face downtimes, and waste time and money on re-establishing their infrastructure but perceive what’s happened as a disappointing accident, without making changes to their information security system. We have often encountered cases of infection in the same companies for this reason.
Our technical support specialists respond with the same written recommendations to almost every request, and they are repeated in refrain in Anti-virus Times issues—but we get the impression that we’re the only ones reading them.
Meanwhile, strictly following simple rules helps avoid the vast majority of security incidents. Let's repeat these rules in a news format.
- Email should be filtered on the server
A company’s employees may work both in the office and at home, including on their own devices. Even if a user disables their anti-virus or works without anti-virus protection, they must not receive emails from cybercriminals. Because an email can contain a link to a malicious website, a malicious attachment, or instructions that are allegedly from the company CEO, directing the transfer of money to a scam account.
Email messages should be checked on the mail server.
This will prevent employees from receiving fraudulent emails.
- It's not necessary to filter the email of all employees
Managers at various levels and CEOs face the biggest risk of opening malicious or fraudulent email—because it's part of their job to read all emails (messages about claims and fines, directions from upper management, invitations to collaborate). Up to 40% of a company’s employees open all emails. Even if the company has recently conducted training on the topic of cybersecurity.
When it comes to anti-virus protection, no one should be exempt—no employees should receive emails sent by cybercriminals.
Email messages should be checked on the mail server.
- Each email should be scanned
It is impossible to protect yourself from receiving emails from cybercriminals using only mail server settings (for example, SPF technology, DKIM technology, etc.) if your partner's server is compromised. Cybercriminals can send emails from trusted but compromised mail servers.
Emails should be filtered on the basis of an analysis of the message contents.
How can companies ensure compliance with these rules at the least cost?
By migrating to Dr.Web Mail Security Suite for UNIX—because this is the best-in-class anti-virus and anti-spam email filtering solution.
- Dr.Web uses rules to analyse email messages and identify signs that are typical of malicious mailings. One rule can cut off all the mailings being sent by a single spammer.
- The Dr.Web anti-virus detects not only known malicious programs but also malware that hasn't yet been analysed by the anti-virus laboratory—this is the traditional advantage of Dr.Web.
- Dr.Web Anti-spam is updated every hour, but in general, daily updates are enough—the system of rules according to which it operates, even with rare updates, prevents its effectiveness from being decreased.
- Dr.Web protects email on almost all known mail servers and works on almost all Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris OSs.
- This solution can be installed as a mail gateway to ensure the isolation of an internal server and maximum filtration quality.
- Migration to a new server does not cause interruptions in a company's business processes and does not require that time be spent on replacing a license.
- Dr.Web can be used both in a small company and a multi-level corporation, ensuring work in clusters, the use of external databases and a local cloud, the flexible expansion of features, and integration with external products.
- Dr.Web Mail Security Suite for UNIX can be integrated with monitoring systems.
- The system administrator can choose how to manage security: via the web interface, the centralised corporate anti-virus protection system, or even by directly editing configuration files.
Dr.Web Mail Security Suite for UNIX:
- can be installed both using a universal installation package and from the repository;
- detects malicious attachments, potentially dangerous resource links, and signs of spam and phishing in email messages;
- if necessary, provides for the organisation of a distributed data scan;
- uses the latest technologies and Dr.Web Cloud rules to detect threats that are so new, they haven't yet been analysed by the Doctor Web anti-virus laboratory;
- the flexibility of the Lua language, used in customised event handlers, and the large volume of information available from the processing procedure allows administrators to undertake not only typical message scans for spam and search for nested threats or malicious URLs but also implement the verification of arbitrary conditions together with the generation of the verdicts required to process email messages scanned by the email server;
- uses blacklists and whitelists, data from DNSBL servers and DKIM technology to filter messages;
- filters messages by checking message bodies and headers, using regular expressions set by the administrator;
- not only customises actions for different categories of spam but also filters email messages according to their contents;
- modifies a filtered message if the signs set in the application's rules are detected;
- can be used if a company uses a mail cluster or has backup servers in case of failure. This does not affect the license cost—we protect according to the number of users;
- can operate as a transparent proxy or a proxy that checks traffic to transfer it to a specified mail server;
- protects the objects of the operating system on which Dr.Web is installed.
#email #spam #phishing #Dr.Web
June 24, 2020
Choose Dr.Web in subscription format
If you want to change the parameters of your license, instantly expand its coverage, or suspend it and never pay for the periods you are not using it, subscribe to Dr.Web Premium, which offers a full array of anti-virus security components.
It is also worth mentioning that the Dr.Web Anti-virus service is available not only to individuals but also to small businesses, provided that the number of PCs they seek to protect does not exceed 10.
How licenses differ from subscriptions:
|Dr.Web Security Space licenses||Dr.Web Premium subscriptions|
|1-5 PCs/Macs and 5 mobile devices||1-10 PCs/Macs and 10 mobile devices|
|Protection for PCs, Macs and mobile devices||Protection for PCs/Macs, servers and mobile devices|
|Tariff rates for 1, 2 and 3 years||The subscription fee is charged daily; the shortest available subscription period is 3 months.|
|The shortest renewal period is 1 year||A subscription can be renewed for any period, starting from 1 day|
|Pay in advance for an entire year or longer of use||Deposit any amount from 1€ at any moment|
|A license can only be expanded by purchasing a renewal license for one year or longer||Increase the number of protected devices, suspend a subscription for all or selected devices, and terminate a subscription whenever necessary for any period starting from 1 day|
|Automatic renewal is only available to users who enable this option in the Dr.Web eStore||A subscription is renewed automatically as long as the account balance is positive|
|The option exists to transfer a license to another device.|
- Subscription management and automatic renewal are only available if the subscriber's account balance is positive.
- No renewal discounts are available for subscriptions.
June 23, 2020
Find out how to extend Dr.Web protection to other devices on these generous terms.
As the digital world continues evolving rapidly, protecting multiple devices from malware is more important than ever. That said, we are pleased to remind you about our discounts and bonuses.
License expansion options for Dr.Web Security Space
Dr.Web users can expand their license coverage to protect up to 5 PCs at 40% off. If your license expires in less than three months, you have the option to increase the number of protected devices at no cost whatsoever.
Expansion options for Dr.Web Premium subscriptions
Once you expand your subscription, lower fees are applied – much less than the cost of protecting a single PC. For example, if Dr. Web protection is expanded for up to 5 PCs, Dr.Web Premium subscribers get 30% off—only 0.055 EUR per day instead of 0.06 EUR for one device.
Dr.Web Anti-virus users and Dr.Web Classic service subscribers can expand their licenses and subscriptions and upgrade to Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web Premium at any time.
Expand your Dr. Web Anti-virus license or Dr.Web Classic subscription now to use new Dr.Web protection components throughout the remainder of your license period and protect your Android devices for free.
June 11, 2020
Being relatively cheap, modern equipment is nonetheless packed with impressive features and capabilities. More often than not, machines of this kind don't rely on special firmware. Instead, they run the same operating systems that power ordinary PCs. Such as Windows and Linux
Because of this, malware can easily take up residence in the equipment—either deliberately or through negligence. Anything can happen.
While protecting PCs or servers with an anti-virus program is now a recognised necessity, the idea that some 'smart chandelier’ must also be scanned for malware is still regarded as nonsense. Meanwhile, a malware-infected machine accessing a company's local network (with no anti-virus protection whatsoever), is a dream come true for criminals planning a targeted attack.
Fortunately enough, the customer who ended up in the predicament, did have their infrastructure protected with Dr. Web Enterprise Security Suite, which promptly detected the worm. Doctor Web security researchers thoroughly investigated the incident. Their special utility discovered and neutralised an entire conglomeration of malicious programs ranging from a network worm and a trojan hiding on removable media to malware that injects its code into system processes.
While Doctor Web was trying to understand what was going on, the manufacturer's customer care assured the client no malware was involved and the anti-virus needed to be disabled. Dr. Web showed who was really right.
Hence, this recommendation: A corporate anti-virus must be up and running on computers within your infrastructure. And someone should monitor infection statistics, too. Otherwise, no one will be able to quickly notice that an infected PC or other device is using the network. Always, scan new 'smart' equipment with an anti-virus solution.
Dr.Web is certainly well suited for doing so.
January 15, 2020
But some companies still prefer the Anti-virus license, which can't provide all-round security for PCs in today's world. By opting for the Anti-virus license over the Comprehensive Protection license, companies may enjoy substantial savings,however, they are significantly elevating their risk of malware outbreaks, financial losses, reputational damage, data loss or corruption, and system infections involving unknown trojans.
Only the Comprehensive Protection license can help minimise the risk of infection.
Under this license, Dr.Web anti-virus solutions for Windows come with the complete set of components, providing reliable protection from all current and advanced threats. However, any protection technology can be rendered powerless when attackers employ social engineering techniques to make users disable anti-virus software, open bogus links, and launch files sent to them by cyber crooks.
The anti-spam filters out unwanted emails as well as malicious files that have been designed specifically to circumvent known security mechanisms. Armed with information about the distinctive features of bogus mailings, it identifies and deletes emails containing the latest threats. Criminals will not be able to influence the actions of users the emails will never reach their potential targets.
The HTTP monitor SpIDer Gate scans Internet traffic and blocks access to potentially dangerous sites. Even if fraudsters successfully trick a user into opening a malicious link, Dr.Web will block access to the fraudulent site.
Dr.Web Office Control lets you restrict access to files and folders for multiple user accounts on the same computer and create a white list of removable media by preventing unwanted devices from connecting to user PCs, you can avoid targeted attacks.
Doctor Web never tires of reminding users that an anti-virus alone can't keep a system secure. That's why, on February 1, the company will remove the Anti-virus license for Dr.Web Desktop Security Suite from the market. Only the Comprehensive Protection license will be available to protect PCs from malware and other threats.
When their current Dr.Web Desktop Security Suite anti-virus licenses expire, customers will be offered the opportunity to renew their licenses by switching to a one-year Comprehensive Protection license at a discount of 40% or more. Users wanting to upgrade to the Comprehensive Protection license now can do so at a renewal discount.
*Only in Dr.Web for Windows
November 25, 2019
The Dr.Web Office Shield operates as a gateway between local mail servers and untrusted networks. The distribution is based on Ubutnu 18.04 (Bionic) and uses Linux kernel 4.15, while the Dr.Web Mail Security Suite 11.1 facilitates anti-spam and malware filtering.
With the Dr.Web Office Shield you can:
- Scan inbound SMTP traffic for malware and neutralise it;
- Filter spam and dubious content;
- Block attachments by file type;
- Receive up-to-date information from logs and the monitoring panel; and
- View statistics.
An OVA image is used to deploy the Dr.Web Office Shield in a virtual environment, while a web interface is used to configure and control the solution.
Doctor Web invites all Dr.Web community members to participate in the Dr.Web Office Shield beta-testing. Testers whose advice and comments prove to be most helpful in improving the product will receive gifts from Doctor Web. Please note that registration is required to access the beta-testing section.
Important! This beta version is not the final version of the new Dr. Web Office Shield. The product is being tested prior to its release and the final version may differ from the beta release.
November 7, 2019
New Dr.Web Agent 12 for Windows
Changes made to the Agent:
- A significantly expanded range of Agent features;
- An expanded range of entities can now be protected by the anti-virus (processes, system services, drivers, the registry, Windows management instrumentation (WMI), system scheduler tasks, process network connections, and file system events);
- New, advanced scanning techniques, including new non-signature methods for detecting threats and new behavioural algorithms;
- Heuristic algorithms with expanded detection capabilities;
- Enhanced behavioural detection routines—an even broader spectrum of threats can now be detected;
- Dr.Web Agent for Windows’ design has been significantly revamped;
- A new device class—Multimedia devices—is now available in the Office Control settings for Windows OS workstations, offering more reliable access control.
Application Control — a new Agent component
The Application Control module within Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite's Control Center controls the launch of programs on anti-virus network stations: unwanted applications, known malware, and outdated operating system versions. Application Control lets system administrators allow or block the launch of applications on anti-virus network stations running Dr.Web Agent for Windows, including for selected users. The administrator can decide what needs to be monitored on protected PCs and specify the specific signs of a threat the protection module should react to.
Using the statistics of the Application Control module, the network administrator can, on the fly, create allow and deny rules, which makes it possible to deflect even targeted attacks.
The updated Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite has even more features for working with security centers (SOC) and incident analysis systems in computer networks (SIEM). Some of these new features are implemented with the Application Control module. Thus, FinCERT mailing data can be integrated into a Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite security system with minimal effort.
Systems in which an anti-virus cannot be installed for one reason or another can be protected by an array of measures, including the Application Control, Office Control, and Preventive Protection modules.
You must install the Control Center to use the Application Control module. The component is included in the Comprehensive Protection license.
Find out more about Dr.Web Application Control
Major changes made to the Server:
- The installation process has been simplified; the number of distributions to install has been reduced—the network administrator can now download only the products that will be deployed in their company's network;
- The network administrator can automatically receive the latest versions of Dr.Web utilities;
- A new Server parameter has been added; it can be used to create missing accounts for hosts automatically when the agent software is being installed from a group installer;
- The installation process for Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite on PCs running UNIX-like systems, including Russian ones, has been simplified.
The Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite server software can now be updated directly from Dr.Web Control Center — after the administrator issues the command to launch the updating process.
Major changes made to the Control Center:
- Protection components can now be started and stopped remotely for stations running Unix-like operating systems; additional parameters are now available for the Dr.Web ICAPD and SpIDer Gate components;
- MAC addresses can now be used to look for hosts in the anti-virus network layout window;
- Statistics are now available about devices that are being blocked by Dr.Web on protected hosts;
- The audit log now contains information about the following events: Purge database, Analyse database, and Purge Active Directory database;
- New Dr.Web Server notification sorting options have been added for events involving the Dr.Web Preventative Protection and Application Control components, malware outbreak control, and abnormally terminated client connections;
- Less traffic and the ability to exchange data over low bandwidth: the detailed repository configuration now has a new setting for disabling the exchange of updates for neighbouring Servers, which can be used to prevent updates from being forwarded using inter-server connections.
More information about the innovations and tweaks in Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite can be found in the Release Notes.
Read our detailed instructions to learn how to start using Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 12.0.
Corporate customers increasingly trust Dr.Web anti-virus protection technologies. From year to year, the share of Doctor Web revenue generated through the sales of Dr.Web licenses for business users is constantly growing, and to date, it exceeds 71%.
November 7, 2019
The new Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 12.0 component— Application Control—enables system administrators to use flexible allow and block lists to assert control over the applications in their corporate networks.
The series of supplementary documents highlights how administrators can configure the component to address various security situations. They can: block legitimate software whose use for some reason is not allowed under company policies; Block applications by their file checksums, which can be provided by SOC/SIEM solutions, or prevent legacy application versions from being started on all the hosts in their network or limit the restriction to specific groups of nodes and users.
With Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 12.0, you can opt to install only the Application Control component on a computer and thus protect a system where no other anti-virus software can be installed.
Please note that Application Control is only available under the comprehensive protection license and the Control Center is required to change its settings.
Doctor Web invites all system administrators and corporate information security specialists to study the Application Control guides and make full use of the new protection features so that they can achieve even more robust security for their corporate infrastructures.
#Application_Control #new_version #components
September 5, 2019
The following utilities are now accessible via the Dr.Web Control Center:
- Dr.Web for Windows removal utility—removes corrupted/broken Dr.Web agent installations under Windows if standard removal routines are inaccessible or will not work (this should not be used as the default way to uninstall Dr.Web);
- The Dr.Web system information utility—compiles reports containing information about the current status of the system and all the applications (including Dr.Web) installed on machines running the Dr.Web anti-virus and server software. Administrators can now use report archives to assess the current state of their anti-virus networks and compile reports for the Doctor Web technical support service.
- With the application control component, administrators can establish which applications can be started and which ones on their network computers running Dr.Web Agent for Windows should be blocked. The component settings are only accessible on the Dr.Web server end.
Changes made to the Dr.Web Server:
- SMBv2 is now available under all supported operating systems and can be used to install the agents remotely;
- Windows Server 2019 is now supported by both Dr.Web Server and Dr.Web Agent for Windows.
- New repository products:
- Corporate Dr.Web products whose product and component installers were previously only available in the Dr.Web extra distribution;
- Dr.Web administration utilities and utility installers, which are accessible via the Control Center's Administration section ? Utilities;
- Dr.Web server and web server configuration files now contain a new option that can be used to set up Lua virtual machines for the corresponding components;
- A new Dr.Web server parameter has been added; it can be used to create missing accounts for hosts automatically when the agent software is being installed from a group installer.
- The new server plugin—Dr.Web SNMP-agent—facilitates the exchange of data with network monitoring software via SNMP;
- A new agent protocol extension has been added; it can be used to transmit data to the server via SFTP;
- A default administrator password (admin) can now be specified in the reply configuration file for server installations under Unix-like operating systems;
- Situations where a product from the current server repository cannot be found on the updating servers when all the products are being updated are now handled independently of other events;
- The Web API that facilitates interaction with the Dr.Web Server has been updated (version 4.3.0).
Changes made to the Control Center:
- The addition of Polish language support for the Dr.Web server software;
- New repository parameters in the advanced settings:
- The ability to disable the exchange of updates for neighbouring servers, which prevents updates from being forwarded using inter-server links;
- The ability to disable updating via neighbouring servers, which prevents updates from being downloaded using inter-server links;
- Additional parameters are now available for the Dr.Web ICAPD and SpIDer Gate components for PCs running Unix-like operating systems;
- Protection components can now be started and stopped remotely via the Control Center on hosts running Unix-like operating systems;
- Statistics are now available about devices that are being blocked by Dr.Web on protected hosts;
- New notification sorting options have been added for events involving the Dr.Web Preventing Protection and Application Control components, malware outbreaks, and abnormally terminated client connections;
- A log has been added that contains information about abnormally terminated client connections;
- The license usage report is no longer associated with inter-server links, and the parameters that need to be specified to create such reports have changed;
- The audit log now contains information about the following events: Purge database, Analyse database and Purge Active Directory database;
- INI files for host protection components under Unix-like systems can now be imported and exported;
- A new Dr.Web Agent for Windows option is used to transmit host location information to the server;
- MAC addresses can now be used to look for hosts in the anti-virus network layout window;
- The Modules statistics section now displays information about protected hosts running Unix-like systems;
- Maximum message length has been set for messages that administrators can send to protected hosts via the anti-virus network;
- A maximum message length has been set for messages that administrators can send to protected hosts via the anti-virus network;
- Documentation in the Dr.Web Control Center’s Support section has been updated and expanded.
Changes made to the Dr.Web Agent:
- The Dr.Web Agent for Windows featuring the revamped design is now supported;
- A new device class—Multimedia devices—is now available in the Office Control settings under Windows for more reliable access control.
No longer supported:
- Dr.Web Server is no longer compatible with Windows versions older than Windows 7 (?32) and Windows Server 2008R2 (?64);
- The extra Dr.Web distribution is no longer available;
- Dr.Web server software cannot be installed on disk partitions with file systems that do not support symbolic links (such as FAT);
- The installer can't be used to change the set of installed Dr.Web server components;
- The suite will never attempt to connect to external databases that cannot work with Dr.Web Server;
- A key that has been blocked in the License Manager will never be relayed to the protected hosts in the anti-virus network;
- The option to accept SMS commands without a password has been removed from Android’s protection settings;
- The option to use hardware neutralisation has been removed from the host configuration for Windows;
- Administrator permissions cannot be changed in the Control Center's Settings section.
- The EULA has been removed from the Active Directory object management utility.
Doctor Web welcomes all users to take part in the beta testing for Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 12.0 (https://beta.drweb.com/). Please note that registration is required to access the beta section of our website.
July 26, 2019
In connection with recent changes in Google’s policy regarding the use of permissions for SMS messages and calls, Dr.Web Security Space for Android Life was removed from the Google Play Store. The policy changes have affected the anti-virus products of all anti-virus manufacturers. Some vendors have removed the above-mentioned functionality, and others are offering SMS filters as a separate commercial application. Doctor Web strongly rejects taking such a course of action and believes that restricting mobile device users throughout the world from using important Dr.Web anti-virus features is a critical blow to their security, especially the most vulnerable of users—children and elderly people who can suffer from calls and SMS messages from unknown people and annoying fraudulent ads.
Since negotiations with Google were fruitless and Doctor Web cannot permit the security level of its users to be lowered, we are offering everyone who purchased Dr.Web Security Space for Android Life on Google Play to exchange their license—for free—for a Dr.Web Security Space for Android subscription with no end date—the Dr.Web Mobile Life tariff.
How to regain access to the full version of Dr.Web Security Space for Android
- Sign in at https://drweb.com. If you don't yet have an account, you need to register.
- In the form on the Dr.Web Mobile Life subscription page, enter the order number of your Dr.Web Security Space Life license on Google Play and the email address associated with this order.
- After your order information is verified, if such an order is found, you will be redirected to the My subscriptions page of your personal area of the Dr.Web Anti-virus service.
- In the Dr.Web Mobile Life subscription section, you can download an unending license to Dr.Web for Android. You will be able to access 5 links to use for 5 devices. A perpetual license gives you the right to use Dr.Web to protect from 1 to 5 devices.
If you experience difficulties online when exchanging your order for a subscription, please contact our support service.
July 26, 2019
The creation of the new tariff is connected with recent changes in Google's permission policy. These changes make the SMS functionality of all anti-virus products for Android 8 and later versions inaccessible to users (this concerns our Call and SMS filter and Anti-theft).
Use a Dr.Web Mobile Life subscription to simultaneously protect 5 Android smartphones or tablets with the complete set of Dr.Web Security Space for Android components.
Subscribe to the Dr.Web Anti-virus service, and may your mobile devices remain under the reliable protection of our Russian anti-virus for as long as you use them!
#service #Dr.Web #Android
April 15, 2019
Enhanced threat detection:
- The ability to detect the
- An improved ability to detect signs of infection in previously installed applications;
- The added ability to detect malicious applications packed with Bangcle, Sechell, and the latest version of Tencent;
- A fix that ensures uninterrupted anti-virus scanning.
Changes affecting the application’s UI and features:
- The Call and SMS Filter and Anti-theft components have been disabled;
- The URL shortening feature is no longer available;
The Call and SMS Filter and Anti-theft components have been disabled to comply with Google Play policy changes. Under the new permission policy, anyone who has an anti-virus installed on their Android device can no longer access features related to SMS data.
The Dr.Web software will be updated automatically under Android 4.4 and later. If automatic updates are disabled on your device, go to Google Play, select Dr.Web Security Space on the application list, and tap "Update."
To update via the Doctor Web site, you need to download a new distribution file. If the “New app version” option has been enabled in the settings, a notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases are updated. You can start the download directly from this dialogue box.
April 15, 2019
Dr.Web anti-viruses with SMS functionality were removed from Google Play as a follow-up to the recent changes in Google’s permission policy—first Dr.Web Security Space for Android Life became inaccessible, and then Dr.Web Security Space for Android was removed too. To comply with the new requirements, we removed the affected protection components from the applications, and now the programs are once again available for download from Google Play, albeit without the Call and SMS filter and the Anti-theft.
Doctor Web invites all customers wanting to use the full version of Dr.Web Security Space for Android to download the application from Doctor Web's official site. You will still be able to use the serial number you acquired from Google Play.
#Android #mobile #subscription #Google #Google_Play