June 19. 2018
Changes made to the server software:
- MySQL and PostgreSQL version 10 can now be used as external databases.
- A revamped routine for network scanning and remote agent installation (the browser extension is no longer used);
- The option to recover the internal database if it gets corrupted;
- The multicast option for delivering group updates to protected hosts is now enabled by default;
- Control over licenses that are being exchanged between servers;
- A redesigned routine for collecting information about the hardware and applications installed on protected hosts; information can now be transmitted between multiple servers;
- The added option to limit the number of concurrent agent installations from a server;
- The added option to limit agent updating and installation traffic;
- Server installation packages for Linux are now only available as run packages;
- TLS session ticket resumption.
Changes made to the Control Center:
- The inter-server connection settings have been moved from the Neighbourhood section to the Anti-virus network section; connections between servers are now displayed in the anti-virus network view;
- Anti-virus software configuration policies can be changed in the anti-virus network view;
- A Favourites item has been added to the main menu;
- Redesigned tables and graphs;
- A new web-server option that protects against flood attacks mounted using Control Center queries;
- The added option to view the Dr.Web server log in the Control Center in real time;
- The added option to change Dr.Web server log settings via the Dr.Web Control Center;
- The Dr.Web Agent protocol can once again be used to send notifications to administrators;
- Reworked parameters for administrator notifications;
- The addition of a message log for communications that administrators send to protected hosts; the ability to create and use message templates;
- An expanded list of utilities that can be downloaded via the Control Center.
- New items in the Dr.Web server repository: Dr.Web Server Security Data and Dr.Web Proxy-server.
- The new Backup section can be used to view and save server data backups;
- The Yandex.Locator extension can be used to automatically determine the location of Android devices;
- Syntax highlight and autocomplete for the SQL console;
- A new section provides simplified configuration for LDAP authentication;
- Administrators who have the permissions needed to start and interrupt the operation of the anti-virus components can now also control the quarantine on protected hosts;
- The IP protocol version can be specified for server and agent addresses;
- Reworked host statuses in the anti-virus network view and the addition of new status colours;
- The option to sort items (hosts, servers and proxy servers) in the anti-virus network view;
- The added ability to export statistics simultaneously for multiple items in the anti-virus network view;
- Dr.Web agent connection parameters for Windows and Linux are now available in a separate host configuration section;
- The added option to launch the anti-virus components on a selected host via the Dr.Web Control Center; information about running and installed components is now aggregated in the Protection Components section;
- The added ability to remotely configure Dr.Web Firewall on Windows hosts via the Control Center; the packet filter is disabled by default in the Control Center’s firewall settings;
- The added ability to adjust the period in which the virus databases on the protected hosts are considered current;
- The addition of a new Dr.Web Control Center section containing information about the protected hosts' security IDs;
- SpIDer Gate and SpIDer Mail settings for Windows hosts have been merged; the components now use the same exception settings;
- A wider variety of scan exception options for SpIDer Gate and SpIDer Mail under Windows;
- The addition of the new Network Port Monitor component for Windows hosts which is only accessible via the Control Center and is not available to users;
- An existing agent ID can be assigned to a new host during full agent installation;
- The added ability to adjust device access permissions for protected hosts;
- The added ability to change Office Control settings for individual user accounts on protected hosts;
- Settings for new component versions can now be changed for Linux machines;
- The added ability to change the Dr.Web for Microsoft Exchange Server settings and view its statistics via the Control Center;
- A new Help menu feature enables administrators to access the corresponding documentation page from every Control Center page.
- Supports scripts and can be used to remotely connect to the Dr.Web Server to perform basic tasks and view statistics.
New Proxy-Server features:
- The settings are now accessible via the Control Center;
- Server installation and removal via the Agent connected to the proxy server;
- Automatic updating without interrupting the server's operation;
- Caching for encrypted traffic;
- Cached data can be copied from another source, such as the Dr.Web Server repository;
- Event reports transmitted by the Dr.Web Agents are aggregated and relayed to the Dr.Web Server according to schedule.
Changes made to the Dr.Web Agent:
- A single group installer can be used to install Dr.Web on several hosts running any supported operating system;
- Expanded options for rolling back Dr.Web Agent;
- To roll back Dr.Web Agent for Windows, the software must be reinstalled on the host;
- The added option to scan scripts over the AMSI (Antimalware Scan Interface) for Windows hosts;
- The Office Control feature for blocking access to data on removable media has been revamped; devices can now be blocked by class and by bus.
The following software is no longer supported:
- InitDB (SQLite 2) as a built-in database;
- Novell Netware as an operating system for protected hosts;
- Solaris Sparc as a platform running Dr.Web Server.
No longer available are the Dr.Web Control Center extension for browsers and the option to use Windows Messenger to send notifications to administrators; Dr.Web Control Center no longer uses Adobe Flash.
Known issues have been resolved.
Please note that to maintain compatibility with the Dr.Web agent in Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 11.0, Dr.Web for IBM Lotus Domino and Dr.Web for MS Exchange must be updated to version 11.5.
The upgrade to version 11 is available free of charge to all Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite users.
Tell us what you think
You will be awarded one Dr.Webling per comment. To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.