December 13, 2018
Changes made to SpIDer Agent for Windows:
- The possibility to select any file when specifying exclusions of Data Loss Prevention has been added.
- Steps for generating a report for technical support are now displayed.
- The issue of displaying the application name for SYSTEM in the Dr.Web Firewall interactive mode when creating a rule has been fixed.
- The issue of checking digital signatures of Windows Store applications has been fixed.
- The problem caused the More button to be unavailable if the quarantine contains only backup copies has been fixed.
- The displaying of the multimedia device classes to be blocked has been supported.
- The addition of a notification informing the user for whom the Parental Control is configured has administrative rights has been added; This is a notification for the user privileges.
- An error that caused the overlapping of pop-up notifications has been fixed.
- An incorrect text message has been fixed. This incorrect message appeared when a user specified an unregistered key as the previous license at the renewal.
- An issue that caused an emergency shutdown has been fixed.
- In statistics, saving records on blocking access to an object protected by Data Loss Prevention has been implemented.
- In the BadUSB keyboard window, the possibility to copy a device ID line has been added.
Changes made to Dr.Web Control Service:
- The issue that caused the service hang-up has been fixed. This hang-up occurred on an automatic attempt to set system time in Windows 10 if changing it was restricted in settings.
- The issue of anti-virus settings export has been fixed.
- A restriction triggering appeared regarding the duration of continuous work at the computer if Parental Control is disabled or not installed has been fixed.
- The error that caused notifications regarding camera blocking to appear when a camera itself was disabled has been fixed.
- In the statistics events about outdated databases, an error of displaying the latest update time has been fixed.
Changes made to Dr.Web Scanner SE:
- The issue of displaying the incorrect number of scanned objects has been fixed.
- A warning window appears when clicking the Stop button during the scanning process has been added.
- The issue that prevented objects from being scanned has been fixed.
- Minor changes have been introduced in the Scanner interface. These changes are aimed to improve localization and displaying of the window elements.
Changes made to Dr.Web Anti-rootkit API:
- Data Loss Prevention false positive has been fixed. It occurred on disk defragmentation.
- Work with the Dr.Web Cloud service has been improved.
- File protection from encryption has been improved.
- Heuristic analysis algorithms have been improved.
Changes made to Dr.Web Scanning Engine:
- Scanning and threat neutralizing methods have been improved.
Changes to Dr.Web Firewall for Windows driver (only for Dr.Web home products):
- The error that caused BSOD emergence has been fixed. The BSOD occurred when Family Safety (the module implemented in Windows 8 and 8.1) was launched.
Changes to Dr.Web Protection for Windows:
- The error that caused BSOD emergence has been fixed. The BSOD occurred on system scan using the Vba32 anti-virus software.
Changes to the email-templates components:
- A new notification about blocking access to a directory protected by Data Loss Prevention has been added.
- The incorrect text in the notification about a locked device has been fixed.
- Now, numerous Parental Control notifications about blocking access to protected objects can be grouped.
- In a Preventive Protection notification, the Object field is added.
Changes to Dr.Web Security Space, Anti-virus for Windows setup:
- The option to select Polish language during the installation process is added.
The update will be performed automatically; however, a system reboot will be required.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.