June 5, 2015
New interface features
- The program's main menu has been redesigned for version 11.0.
- The scanner's look and feel has been revamped, and its settings are now available in the general section where the anti-virus components are configured.
- The License Manager has been redesigned, making the product easier to use and license key files easier to register, particularly for first-time Dr.Web users.
- The upgraded installer now offers users tips that will help them learn more about Dr.Web's features.
Features and settings
- When specifying file and folder access permissions, you can enable users to view file and directory contents or disable data access altogether. Thus, you can make files accessible but avoid the risk resulting from user modification. This offers greater protection against encryption ransomware.
- The new option that enables parents to allot time slots during which their children can use the computer factors in weekdays (including bank holidays and weekends), and all hours of the day and night.
- Parental Control settings can be imported between user accounts.
- The component can also be disabled for a particular account.
- The feature that restricts access to devices can now be used to grant full access or reading permission only for selected users.
- Furthermore, the updated Dr.Web offers new options for exceptions when scanning running processes.
- The preventive protection settings now allow users to specify rules for selected applications.
- Dr.Web Net-filtering Service routines for downloading and scanning web content have been redesigned to optimise the component's operation with broadband connections.
- Dr.Web's self-protection has been enhanced significantly for computers running 64-bit editions of Windows.
- The Statistics section now works as an event log.
Doctor Web invites all interested users to participate in the beta testing of Dr.Web Security Space 11.0. In keeping with tradition, those testers whose advice and comments prove to be most valuable to the product’s developers will receive gifts from Doctor Web.