July 28, 2022
Changes made to Dr.Web Scanning Engine:
- Now Dr.Web can detect and neutralise threats found in applications from Microsoft Store in the course of background scanning and relay relevant threat information to the Store;
- A dwarkdaemon.exe connection issue occurring under exceptional circumstances has been resolved.
Changes made to the Dr.Web Shellguard anti-exploit module:
- A compatibility issue involving LanAgent software has been resolved. Initialisation requests that might be blocked by LdrLoaderLock routines have been removed.
Changes made to SpIDer Agent for Windows:
- Narration is now available for certain UI elements;
- Users lacking sufficient permissions to reboot the system are nonetheless notified that the system must be restarted to neutralise a threat;
- Paths for allowed devices are no longer case-sensitive;
- The number of characters allowed in the proxy server's port input field is now limited;
- A file import problem involving directories whose names contain Cyrillic and Eastern Asian characters has been resolved;
- Minor UI tweaks have been introduced.
The update will be downloaded and installed automatically; however, a system restart will be required.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.