July 18, 2022
Changes made to the firewall
- In response to user requests, an option has been introduced to block all connections, excluding those allowed by the rules;
- Parameters for inbound connections have been removed;
- An issue affecting the option Block connections for new apps has been resolved;
- Adjustments have also been made to prevent running applications from having their data transfers blocked;
- Some improvements have been introduced for the firewall's application rules;
- The firewall's performance has been optimised for more efficient CPU, memory and battery usage.
Changes made to the URL-filter:
- The Atom browser is now supported;
- Minor tweaks have been introduced.
New in the Call and SMS Filter:
- The phone number list’s location has been changed for Android versions that restrict user access to the default temporary folder.
Changes made to the anti-theft:
- A problem preventing carrier information from a trusted SIM-card from being displayed properly on certain devices has been eliminated;
- To enhance a device's security, the option to reset the system settings to default can now be blocked.
Changes made to the Security Auditor:
- Adjustments have been made to the battery usage optimisation message.
- Defects causing the application to terminate abnormally have been corrected;
- Adjustments have been made to threat-detection routines for situations when files are being restored from the quarantine and for instances when applications are being scanned by Dr.Web in centralised protection mode;
- Minor UI tweaks have also been introduced for the application's settings screens and the license window for Android TV.
If you downloaded the Dr.Web application from Google Play, the updates will be downloaded and installed automatically. If you disabled automatic updating on your device, go to Google Play, select Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Security Space Life on the application list, and tap "Update”.
If you're experiencing problems resulting from restrictions imposed by Google Play, it is recommended that you switch your Dr.Web license to the subscription-based format for continuous stable operation of the app. To change your license format, you will need to provide your Google Play order number. Alternately, you can contact Doctor Web's technical support service.
To update the app via the Doctor Web site, you need to download a new distribution file and run it on your device. If you’ve enabled the “New app version” option in the settings, a notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases are updated. You can start the download directly from this dialogue box.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.