June 21, 2022
Users have long been requesting that a dark theme be added as a UI option in Dr.Web — and for good reason.
Now, if the dark theme is being used in several applications, switching between multiple windows will be easier on the eye.
And there is more: Using the dark theme may also help extend battery life. That's why laptop owners will be particularly appreciative of the new Dr.Web UI feature.
Finally, having several appearance options will cater to different tastes and allow for a more satisfying user experience for a larger number of customers.
The following components have been updated in all of the products listed: Dr.Web Scanner SE (12.11.2.05190), SpIDer Agent for Windows (12.11.0.05191), and the documentation: now it includes guidelines related to the dark theme as well as other updated information.
Changes made to Dr.Web Scanner SE:
- A cursor display issue has been resolved;
- Also eliminated was a defect causing incorrect information to be displayed about malicious objects of an unknown type;
- Scanner UI defects in high-contrast mode have been addressed;
- UI texts have been updated;
- A defect that might cause the scanner to malfunction has been eliminated;
- Adjustments have been made to improve the UI’s appearance.
Changes made to SpIDer Agent for Windows:
- Adjustments have been made to improve the UI’s appearance;
- An English UI display issue has been resolved;
- An issue that could cause the component to freeze has been addressed.
Furthermore, Dr.Web Security Space setup (12.10.14.05172) has been made current for Dr.Web Security Space 12.0, and Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows servers setup (12.10.14.05172) has been updated for Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows Servers. The changes introduced include:
- System language detection during installation;
- Installation wizard errors have been corrected;
- An issue behind a false error message appearing when software components were being added to the existing installation has been resolved.
Please note that the dark theme is only available under Windows 10 (version 1909 and later), Windows 11 and Windows Server 2019 (version 1809), and later Windows releases. As a result, the corresponding option will not be available on machines running earlier Windows versions.
If Dr.Web is installed in your system, you can enable the dark theme right now. The agent featuring dark theme support for Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite and subscription-based Dr.Web Anti-virus will become available later. Meanwhile, installers including dark theme support for Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web Anti-virus for Windows Servers will become available as soon as the respective distribution files are rebuilt.
The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.