December 15, 2021
Also note that the application now displays an access permission prompt for all files so that devices powered by newer Android versions are scanned and protected. This prompt will appear after the application has been updated.
New Parental Control features include:
- A new option allowing users to unlock their devices with their fingerprint.
- A new look and feel for the application list and the schedule, which now enables users to allow apps to run or be blocked for specific periods of time.
- An option to block the windows of recently opened apps.
- A Settings tab.
- Onboarding screens providing information about new features.
Enhanced application security
- The security routine, which relies on the fingerprint reader to protect Parental Control, the anti-theft, and user account settings and to lock a device's screen, has been redesigned: Users can now tap on a special icon to bring up the fingerprint prompt.
- Firewall settings can now also be protected from modification.
Known issues resolved:
- A settings backup problem.
- A firewall defect affecting certain messenger apps.
- Other minor adjustments and tweaks.
Changes to the Dr.Web Security Space for Android user guide:
- Information about the new Parental Control UI features has been added.
- An updating procedure description is now available for situations when the application runs in centralised protection mode (as part of Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 13.0 or Dr.Web AV-Desk 13.0’s subscription-based Dr.Web Anti-virus).
- The guide also includes instructions on how banking trojans can be removed if Accessibility features are being used on a device.
- Information in the Centralized Protection Mode section has been updated.
- The destination path for settings backups is now specified in the guide.
- Information about the new option Revoke Permissions is now available in the Optimiыation settings section.
- A description has been added for the new permission prompt requesting access to all files on a device.
- Other minor corrections and improvements have been made.
If you downloaded the Dr.Web application from Google Play, the updates will be downloaded and installed automatically. If you disabled automatic updating on your device, go to Google Play, select Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Security Space Life on the application list, and tap "Update”.
To update the app via the Doctor Web site, you need to download a new distribution file and run it on your device. If you’ve enabled the “New app version” option in the settings, a notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases are updated. You can start the download directly from this dialogue box.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.