June 30, 2021
Changes made to Dr.Web bot for Telegram:
- The bot has been redesigned to ensure that all of its components can be updated separately;
- Bot commands are now available to all group administrators;
- The /help command output now includes the current bot version;
- An issue that could cause the service to terminate abnormally if a link being examined contained RTL text has been addressed;
- Links containing IP addresses in binary are now supported;
- An issue preventing the bot from accepting administrator commands after the group’s status was changed to supergroup has been resolved;
- Also eliminated was a problem preventing the bot from accepting commands after the group type was changed from ‘private’ to ‘public’;
- Furthermore, the defect causing the bot to regard a chat session as inactive unless the /start command was entered has been resolved.
- The latest version also incorporates a variety of minor tweaks and upgrades.
To use the bot, find the Telegram account @DrWebBot (or go to telegram.me/drwebbot) and send it a file or a link. The bot will check it for viruses and report on the results.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.