February 24, 2021
Changes affecting both products:
- Adjustments have been made to ensure that the applications work properly on devices running Android 11;
- An issue that could cause the applications to terminate abnormally while files were being downloaded has been resolved;
- The maximum allowed file size for the files that users can submit for examination in the anti-virus laboratory has increased;
- Other minor adjustments and tweaks have also been made.
Changes affecting Dr.Web Security Space for Android:
- An Anti-theft issue involving status updates for buddies requests has been resolved;
- Adjustments have been made to ensure that the application works properly in centralised protection mode;
- Also eliminated was an issue causing the Anti-theft to lock some device models whenever a system clean-up was initiated;
- A defect causing the Anti-theft to lock devices on the system settings screen has been eliminated;
- The update also changes the way the Anti-theft uses location data.
If you downloaded the Dr.Web application from Google Play, the updates will be downloaded and installed automatically. If you’ve disabled automatic updating on your device, go to Google Play, select Dr.Web Security Space, Dr.Web Security Space Life or Dr.Web Anti-virus Light on the application list, and click "Update”.
To update via the Doctor Web site, you need to download a new distribution file. If you’ve enabled the “New app version” option in the settings, a notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases are updated. You can start the download directly from this dialogue box. Important! Under Android 11, updating cannot be initiated from a dialogue box. To apply the update, you will need to download the latest application version manually.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.