December 2, 2019
- The Anti-theft component can now use push notifications;
- In the Google Play version of the application, the Call and SMS filter component has been changed to Call Filter;
- The new version changes the way the application handles root permissions;
- The ability to disable program scan notifications in the application settings added;
- The ability to connect to servers using self-signed certificates;
- The Administration component now supports all Android versions in a centralised protection mode;
- Application version 15.5.0 operates differently regarding administrator permissions;
- Support for 64-bit architecture added;
- Ping queries now pass through the firewall;
- A new notification channel added Notifications from Friends ; and
- The updated version also incorporates UI tweaks and fixes for known defects.
If you downloaded the Dr. Web application from Google Play, the updates will be downloaded and installed automatically. If you ve disabled automatic updates, go to Google Play, select the Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Security Space Life icon in the application list, and tap "Update.
To update via the Doctor Web site, you need to download a new distribution file. If you ve enabled the New app version option in the settings, a notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases are updated. You can begin the download directly from this dialogue box.
A note for Dr. Web Anti-virus service subscribers who use Dr. Web Security Space for Android: installing the updated version will not overwrite your previous installation. You will need to remove the earlier version manually after the update has been installed.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.