October 21, 2019
Changes made to Dr.Web Firewall for Windows driver:
- An issue causing user-defined application blocking rules to be ignored has been resolved.
Changes made to Dr.Web Scanning Engine:
- A scanning service defect was eliminated. The issue in question, which occurred when the option to scan local networks was enabled, prevented files from being restored to their previous versions from their respective shadow copies on the server.
Changes made to Dr.Web Anti-rootkit API:
- Enhanced threat detection and neutralisation routines.
Changes made to Dr.Web Protection for Windows:
- A problem has been fixed that rendered the self-protection module non-operational if Dallas Lock software was being used alongside Dr.Web in a system.
Changes made to the Dr.Web Net Filtering Service:
- Problems occurring when the Mikrotik router web interface was being accessed have been fixed;
- An issue preventing the Your Phone application on Windows 10 PCs from establishing a connection to Android devices has been resolved;
- Also resolved was a problem preventing other nodes from appearing in the network neighbourhood under Windows 10.
Changes made to Dr.Web for Outlook Plugin:
- The routines that block outgoing malicious attachments have been upgraded;
- Adjustments have been made to the routines that process emails with attachments to avoid SpIDer Guard file monitor issues.
The update will be performed automatically; however, a system reboot will be required.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.