April 15, 2019
Enhanced threat detection:
- The ability to detect the EvilParcel vulnerability;
- An improved ability to detect signs of infection in previously installed applications;
- The added ability to detect malicious applications packed with Bangcle, Sechell, and the latest version of Tencent;
- A fix that ensures uninterrupted anti-virus scanning.
Changes affecting the application’s UI and features:
- The Call and SMS Filter and Anti-theft components have been disabled;
- The URL shortening feature is no longer available;
The Call and SMS Filter and Anti-theft components have been disabled to comply with Google Play policy changes. Under the new permission policy, anyone who has an anti-virus installed on their Android device can no longer access features related to SMS data.
The Dr.Web software will be updated automatically under Android 4.4 and later. If automatic updates are disabled on your device, go to Google Play, select Dr.Web Security Space on the application list, and tap "Update."
To update via the Doctor Web site, you need to download a new distribution file. If the “New app version” option has been enabled in the settings, a notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases are updated. You can start the download directly from this dialogue box.
Tell us what you think
You will be awarded one Dr.Webling per comment. To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.