July 9, 2018
Upgrades in version 12.3:
- The application is now fully compatible with Android 8.0 and later;
- The Status bar option has been removed for Android 8.0 and later;
- Enhanced threat detection in the system memory;
- Ability to detect the Janus vulnerability.
- An issue interfering with call filtering on devices under Android 7.0 and later has been resolved;
- A defect that could cause the application to terminate abnormally on some devices running Android TV has been eliminated;
- Anti-theft SMS reply routines have been adjusted;
- Other known issues, including UI errors in various languages, have been resolved.
The Dr.Web software will be updated automatically under Android 4.4 and later. If you’ve disabled automatic updating on your device, go to Google Play, select the Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Security Space Life icon in the application list, and tap "Update”.
To update your device via the Doctor Web site, you need to download a new distribution file. If you enable the settings option “New application version”, a new version notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases have been updated. You can start the download directly from this dialogue box.
Tell us what you think
You will be awarded one Dr.Webling per comment. To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.