July 26, 2010
The new product scans the entire file system of a mobile device including the phone’s memory where applications files are stored. Malicious objects detected by Dr.Web for Android are moved to the quarantine.
If the file monitor is running, Dr.Web for Android automatically scans each program installed into the device’s memory as well as each file written onto an SD card.
How to install Dr.Web for Android:
- Connect the mobile device to a computer using a USB data-cable.
- Set the device to work as a storage device.
- Copy the drweb-600-android-beta.apk on the SD card.
- Disconnect the mobile device from the computer.
- Launch any file manager on the device (e.g. you can use ASTRO from the Android Market).
- Navigate to the /sdcard directory and find the drweb-600-android-beta.apk file.
- Use the application manager to start installation.
Doctor Web welcomes all users willing to participate in the beta-testing of Dr.Web for Android.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.