Dr.Web Security Space for Android updated to version 12.2
April 12, 2018
Dr.Web Security Space 12.1 for Android should be used on devices running Android 4.0-4.3; the features found in version 12.2 are only available under Android 4.4 and later.
Upgrades in version 12.2:
- The Anti-theft locks the device if the SIM card is changed but the device is not rebooted.
- Firewall exceptions for applications.
- Faster scanning.
- The Security Auditor can detect vulnerability CVE-2017-0752.
- An issue that could interfere with Dr.Web license activation.
- Application UI tweaks (including the build for Android TV).
- The cause behind the scanner terminating abnormally during 7z archive scanning;
- Minor tweaks related to the application's operation in the centralised protection mode as part of Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite.
The Dr.Web software will be updated automatically under Android 4.4 and later. If you disabled automatic updating on your device, go to Google Play, select the Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Security Space Life icon in the application list, and tap "Update”.
To perform an update via Doctor Web's site, download the updated distribution. If you enable the settings option “New application version”, a new version notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases have been updated. You can start the download directly from this dialog box.
Dr.Web Security Space for Android is available free of charge to Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web Anti-virus license owners. The new version of Dr.Web for Android is also available as part of Dr.Web Mobile Security Suite (for business) and the Dr.Web Anti-virus service (for the Dr.Web Premium and Dr.Web Mobile subscription packages).
Tell us what you think
You will be awarded one Dr.Webling per comment. To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.