Components updated in Dr.Web 11.0 for Windows, Dr.Web KATANA 1.0, Dr.Web KATANA 1.0 Business Edition, Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 10.0 and 10.1, Dr.Web AV-Desk 10.0, Dr.Web 11.0 for MS Exchange, Dr.Web 11.0 for Microsoft ISA Server and Forefront TMG, Dr.Web 11.0 for IBM Lotus Domino, Dr.Web AV-Desk 10.0 and Dr.Web CureNet! 11.0.
October 30, 2017
For the Anti-rootkit API:
- New control service routines powered by Dr.Web Cloud enable Dr.Web Security Space 11.0, Dr.Web AV-Desk 10.0 to detect and neutralise malicious browser extensions.
- Routines for detecting and neutralising encryption ransomware have been upgraded, and events now undergo faster analysis.
- Issues involving WmiPrvSE.exe false positives, which could occur after the operating system was updated to Windows 10 RS3 and when Internet Explorer was being launched under Windows 10RS3, have been resolved.
Dr.Web Scanning Engine:
- A problem that in some cases could prevent detected threats from being moved to the quarantine has been fixed.
Dr.Web Firewall Driver:
- An issue that could make Windows 10 freeze when an application was launched via WSL has been eliminated.
- A defect that could make Windows XP SP3 crash with BugCheck 44 as well as with BugCheck C2 while a file or folder was being renamed has been corrected.
The agent for Windows:
- A notification about the absence of a valid license is now displayed once the current key file has expired.
- An issue that could make Internet Explorer terminate abnormally while a downloaded file was being saved on a disk has been resolved.
Dr.Web KATANA setup:
- A license key can now be added once Dr.Web KATANA has been installed.
Dr.Web KATANA Business Edition control module:
- The "No" button text has been changed to "Cancel" in the clear event log confirmation dialogue box.
The update will be performed automatically; however, a system reboot will be required.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.