Components updated in Dr.Web 11.0 for Windows, Dr.Web KATANA 1.0, Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite 10.0, Dr.Web 11.0 for MS Exchange, Dr.Web for Microsoft ISA Server and Forefront TMG, Dr.Web 11.0 for IBM Lotus Domino, and Dr.Web AV-Desk 10.0
February 8, 2017
Dr.Web Updater (in Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite):
- An issue that prevented the Agent from being installed on protected hosts when updating for the Dr.Web Agent for Windows language files had been disabled on the server has been resolved.
The Control Service:
- An issue resulting in the status of the protection components being displayed incorrectly in the Agent menu in user mode has been eliminated.
- A problem resulting in duplicate entries in generated reports has been fixed.
- Now the component can collect information about two plugins: Dr.Web for MS Exchange, and Dr.Web for Microsoft ISA Server and Forefront TMG.
- Also eliminated was an issue that prevented Dr.Web SysInfo from collecting XML files containing repository data.
Dr.Web Scanning Engine:
- Memory usage has been optimised.
- The update also addresses an issue that prevented the console scanner parameters /aar:i or /acn:i from being processed correctly.
- Also eliminated was a problem that prevented a Dr.Web key file owner name in Cyrillic font from being displayed correctly in the terminal window or log file of the console scanner.
- An issue preventing dumps from being created if the component terminated abnormally under a non-administrator user account has been resolved.
- Computer boot time has been reduced.
- Applications now start faster if no Internet connection is available.
- A problem preventing certificate information from being displayed correctly if it contained UTF-8 symbols has been resolved.
- The feature for displaying an icon in the system tray (for Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite) now works properly.
Dr.Web Net filtering Service:
- Video stream scanning routines have been optimised.
- Also addressed was an issue that prevented Skype from connecting with the sound testing service if it had been added to SpIDer Gate's exception list and the option to verify its digital signature had been enabled.
- A problem with Windows 10 RS1 mistakenly indicating the unavailability of a network connection has been eliminated.
Dr.Web Firewall for Windows:
- Module updating routines have been readjusted.
Dr.Web Firewall for Windows driver:
- WSL applications are now supported on machines running the upcoming Windows 10 RS2.
- An issue resulting in system crashes when a VPN application was establishing a connection has been addressed.
- Also addressed was a compatibility issue between the component and AdGuard which in turn had been causing connection issues with Skype.
- An issue resulting in the loss of Internet connectivity once Gears of War was launched has been resolved.
Dr.Web Net Filter for Windows driver, Dr.Web device Guard for Windows, Dr.Web Hypervisor, Dr.Web Tips, and Dr.Web KATANA Control Service:
- All are now compatible with new Intel CPUs.
- An issue that interfered with the operation of Virtual Box software (which in turn also received an error fix) has been resolved. If Virtual Box remains non-operational after Dr.Web is updated, it needs to be updated to its latest version.
- Also addressed was an issue involving system drive access being blocked if the option to block removable media was enabled.
- Now, if access to input devices gets blocked because someone attempts to access Dr.Web’s application windows and tray icon remotely, users can use standard key combinations to switch to other windows and unlock the devices.
- Anti-exploit protection has been upgraded.
Dr.Web KATANA Agent:
- An issue that allowed users to add a Preventive Protection rule for a certain application without specifying its location has been resolved.
- Also addressed was a problem that rendered the license retrieval button inactive when the License Manager was accessed from a link in a license expiry notification.
The update will be performed automatically; however, a system reboot will be required.
Tell us what you think
You will be awarded one Dr.Webling per comment. To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.