August 22, 2016
Innovations in Dr.Web Agent for Windows version 11
- Anti-exploit protection prevents malware from using software vulnerabilities when trying to take over an operating system. Fine-tune the Preventive Protection to control access to objects for trusted applications and thus avoid system conflicts. In addition, the Preventive Protection settings now include the option to create profiles.
- Dr.Web Scanning Engine routines have been optimised to ensure that possible threats are detected faster.
- Dr.Web Scanner SE’s graphical user interface (GUI) has been completely redesigned—settings for the scanner are now included in with the general anti-virus settings, making it easier to manage.
- Statistics on the activities undertaken by the anti-virus are now gathered and stored. Filters provide easy, instant access to events involving specific components or to the list of Office Control-blocked sites that users have attempted to access.
- New Office Control features include:
- You can now either block access to files and folders completely or grant read-only access.
- To enable access to files and folders, there is no longer any need to clear the list of blocked objects or disable the Office Control.
- A new website category called Online games has been introduced; access to it can be blocked.
- New Quarantine Manager administrative features ensure that quarantined objects are rescanned and backups are displayed, allowing users to restore deleted or cured files, if necessary.
- The new Dr.Web HyperVisor component, which runs on the lowest system level, greatly enhances threat detection and neutralisation and guarantees that all malware attempts (including malware that has yet to be discovered) to infiltrate the protected system or disrupt Dr.Web's operation will be thwarted.
- Updating the Dr.Web Control Service and the SpIDer Agent for Windows component no longer requires a restart.
- A separate pop-up notification about the need to restart the system after threats have been neutralised has been added; it is only displayed after the neutralisation of complex threats that can’t be removed unless the system is rebooted. A blocked device notification has been added to the settings for the option to block the use of specific devices.
- Anti-spam settings are now available alongside SpIDer Mail settings.
- A new option has been added to protect against BadUSB (for devices that emulate keyboards).
- Virus database updating can be run manually in the mobile mode.
New Dr.Web Control Center features:
- Support for Dr.Web Agent 11 for Windows.
- An issue involving the occasional inaccessibility of the “Permissions” section has been resolved.
- Default settings for Windows hosts in the “Preventive protection” section have been readjusted.
The agent update will be downloaded and installed automatically. The server software update is available through the Dr.Web Control Center web interface, where it will appear as an update dated 11.08.2015.
Tell us what you think
To ask Doctor Web’s site administration about a news item, enter @admin at the beginning of your comment. If your question is for the author of one of the comments, put @ before their names.