News on Dr.Web products
August 1, 2017
According to the new rules, licenses without the Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite Control Center that have been determined to be pirated will be blocked immediately.
If the user involved is a legal person, license restoration is carried out via the corresponding ticket located in the technical support tracker. The link to that ticket will be emailed immediately after the license is blocked. That customer will need to explain how their license got compromised and what preventive measures they will take to ensure there is no repeat of the situation in the future.
As before, business users can replace their Dr.Web license three times free of charge if the license involved expires in less than 31 days. Otherwise, they must purchase a renewal license.
The rules for home users remain the same: free replacement is possible only once.
Read here about the company’s new rules for blocking and replacing pirated licenses.
June 6, 2017
New in Dr.Web for UNIX mail servers:
- A brand-new architecture— now, instead of integrating with mail servers, the product interacts with them using standard mail server services (Milter, Spamd, Rspamd);
- The product can now be transparently integrated with communication channels that use the standard protocols SMTP, POP3 and IMAP (this mode is only available under GNU/Linux);
- Unwanted incoming email content is now stored in a separate password-protected archive instead of the quarantine;
- A native control web interface has replaced Webmin;
- OpenLDAP and Active Directory service information can now be used in mail filtering rules;
- Product status statistics and important event notifications (e.g., regarding blocked emails) can now be sent over SNMP;
- The Clamd module can now be used to scan messages on mail servers that do not use Milter/Spamd/Rspamd;
- Sender/recipient address validation over DNSxL.
New in Dr.Web Anti-virus for Linux:
- Email received via IMAP(S)/POP3(S) is now scanned.
- Email received via SMTP(S) is now scanned.
June 1, 2017
- License key files can now be updated automatically;
- In the Dr.Web Control Center, the preventive protection and agent settings can now be accessed in different sections;
- Agent entries in the anti-virus network tree can now be sorted by various criteria;
- Some anti-virus network tree data is now exportable;
- A server performance issue, which arose if updates were being distributed between agents, has been resolved;
- An error that could prevent new hosts from being approved to connect to the Dr.Web Server has been corrected;
- Also eliminated was a problem resulting in an error when large files were loaded and unloaded via Dr.Web Control Center's Repository Contents and Quarantine sections;
- The update also corrects an error that occurred while the number of hosts on the anti-virus network was being determined if the corresponding request had been sent via Dr.Web API—particularly when transmitting data to the Dr.Web Mobile Control Center.
Dr.Web Enterprise Proxy:
- An issue that prevented an ID-less agent from installing if Dr.Web Enterprise Proxy was operating under high load;
- RAM usage during the launch of the proxy server has been reduced;
- Also eliminated was a defect that prevented version 6 agents from establishing a connection via the proxy server.
- Compatibility with Windows 10 Creators Update has been introduced;
- The components have been upgraded to the current version.
The updated Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite is available through the Dr.Web Control Center web interface, where it will appear as an update dated 11.05.2017. The updated distribution files can also be downloaded from Doctor Web's site.
May 15, 2017
Tweaks made to the Dr.Web Light for Android interface make it even more user-friendly. Now the application uses a single event window in which all threat notifications are displayed.
Furthermore, version 10 is equipped with a new anti-virus engine and enjoys enhanced malware detection.
For better troubleshooting, the application now also collects and logs additional information.
Dr.Web Light for Android will be updated to version 10.0 automatically for users. If automatic updates are disabled on your device, you need to go to Google Play, choose Dr.Web Light on the application list, and click "Update."
April 27, 2017
A connectivity issue on protected computers involving certain remote banking applications and Outlook Express has been eliminated.
The update will be performed automatically; however, a system reboot will be required.
April 25, 2017
The new brochure “Configure Dr.Web to protect your computer from encryption ransomware” discusses how to configure your Dr.Web anti-virus in order to protect your system from becoming corrupted by a Trojan.Encoder program. After all, according to a new Doctor Web policy, free recovery of corrupted files is only available to owners of active commercial licenses if they comply with the new terms and if all the necessary Dr.Web settings were enabled at the time of the incident.
By following our simple instructions, every Dr.Web license owner will be able to use the latest Dr.Web anti-virus technologies in the most effective way possible and keep their data from becoming corrupted by encryption malware.
March 28, 2017
Currently, encryption ransomware remains one of the most severe threats on the World Wide Web, and the number of victims requesting assistance from the Dr.Web support service is steadily growing. Although some Dr.Web anti-virus products incorporate features that provide protection against encryption ransomware and enable users to recover corrupted files, many owners of Dr.Web licenses do not use them, thus reducing the probability of having their files recovered successfully—this is very apparent to the support engineers who examine the Dr.Web logs attached to data-recovery requests.
Therefore, Doctor Web has amended its data recovery policy, which previously allowed all users who purchase commercial Dr.Web licenses to enjoy free decryption of their corrupted files. From now on, free data recovery is only available to users of commercial Dr.Web licenses provided that the Dr.Web components responsible for reducing the risk of Trojan.Encoder-caused infections were properly configured and running at the moment of infection.
The Doctor Web webpage about encryption ransomware now also features a list of reasons why the company can refuse free data recovery requests from users who have purchased commercial licenses for Dr.Web Anti-virus and Dr.Web Security Space. Those whose requests have been declined will instead be offered the option to purchase Dr.Web Rescue Pack which incorporates a decryption utility.
Dear Dr.Web Users! Today an anti-virus alone cannot provide sufficient protection against encryption ransomware. You need our comprehensive security solutions: Dr.Web Security Space , which incorporates Preventive Protection technologies as well as the Data Loss Prevention component, or Dr.Web Desktop Security Suite which includes our Comprehensive Protection license as well as the subscription package Dr.Web Premium. If for some reason you bought a license for just the anti-virus, you can upgrade it to enjoy comprehensive protection.
|Home license upgrade—free of charge for up to 5 PCs or at the renewal price||Business license upgrade—at a renewal discount|
March 27, 2017
New in Dr.Web Security Space for Android:
- Supported browsers now include Opera mini, Yandex.Browser, Adblock Browser, Dolphin Browser, Sputnik and UME browser;
- To make license activation easier, users can specify a location for the zip archive that has been attached to the purchase confirmation email, without extracting the key file;
- Users can now use the program's UI to purchase a commercial license before their trial is over;
- The scanning window interface has been improved;
- If the Anti-theft is used on a device that has two SIM cards, they can both be added onto the trusted list;
- The Anti-theft's security has been enhanced for devices running Android 6.0 and later;
- The Custom Scan interface can now be used to submit odex and so files for analysis;
- Custom scanning is available for /sbin and /data directories on rooted devices.
- The Security Auditor for Android 4.4 and later has had the category “Applications with the highest SMS processing priority” removed;
- The application can now collect additional information for better troubleshooting;
- The category “Online games” is now available so that the URL-filter can block access to such sites.
- Minor tweaks and improvements related to the product's operation in the centralised protection mode have been made.
- Known firewall issues have been resolved.
- Errors related to the Arabic UI have been corrected.
- Also eliminated was a scanning issue on devices running Android 4.0 with root access available.
The update will be downloaded and installed automatically. If you have disabled automatic updating on your device, go to Google Play, select Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Security Space Life license on the application list, and click "Update”.
To perform an update via Doctor Web's site, download the updated distribution. If you enable the settings option “New application version”, a new version notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases have been updated. You can start the download directly from this dialogue box.
February 16, 2017
The product incorporates a new Dr.Web server installer for Windows. The setup package doesn't use Windows installer and doesn't require any additional services.
Furthermore, the update addresses issues that interfered with the gathering of information about the system hardware and the applications installed on target hosts. Also resolved was an issue that could cause an error to occur when SQLite3 files were being truncated during database cleanups on machines running server editions of Windows. The size of a memory-mapped database file now can be changed via the Dr.Web Control Center.
The updated Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite is available through the Dr.Web Control Center web interface, where it will appear as an update dated 02.11.2017. The updated distribution files can also be downloaded from Doctor Web's site.
February 16, 2017
Currently, because of multiple vulnerabilities in SSLv2, this protocol, as well as the applications that utilise it, is not secure.
Specifically, systems that use the protocol are vulnerable to MITM (man-in-the-middle) attacks as well as attacks that enable intruders to alter the course of data transfers. The MD5 caching routine of SSLv2 has also been compromised and is deprecated.
SSLv2 has been known to be insecure for quite a while. As long ago as 1996, it was superseded by SSLv3, which in turn was also found to be vulnerable (CVE-2014-3566). SSLv2 was officially rated as obsolete in 2011, in accordance with RFC 6176. Because of this, whenever a connection is established via SSLv2, Dr.Web notifies users about the danger.
Dr.Web user support requests clearly indicate that some online banking applications are still using the insecure SSLv2. Customer care staff of the banks involved have even recommended to users of ours, who have experienced problems with their applications because of Dr.Web, that they uninstall the anti-virus—something that would severely endanger the funds of their own customers.
Doctor Web recommends that insecure applications be updated. If no updates are available, users can continue using them by going into the Dr.Web settings and enabling the use of an insecure protocol.
If you choose to use an online banking application, ask the bank whether it uses a secure connection, and if it utilises SSLv2 or SSLv3, reject the use of the application.
Currently, the recommended protocols include TLS v.1 and later.
January 31, 2017
Specifically, it eliminates an issue that interfered with the plugin's installation on machines running 64-bit editions of Windows.
The license agreement has been updated too.
To update Dr.Web for Kerio, you need to download an updated installation package and reinstall the plugin, after removing the installed version.
Detailed information about system requirements and installation can be found in the release notes.
December 14, 2016
The release of Dr.Web Security Space 11.0 provides support for Android 6.0 and full support for Android TV.
Malicious sites are one of the most commonly used resources for spreading Trojans. That's why, in the new version, Dr.Web’s developers enhanced the URL filter that blocks access to malicious sites. The program is now also compatible with Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
The Anti-theft component, which is quite popular with Dr.Web users, received upgrades, too: in Dr.Web Security Space 11 for Android, it can be unlocked with a fingerprint scanner for mobile devices that feature the scanner and run Android 6.0 and later.
Dr.Web for Android TV has been redesigned, too. It now incorporates a new component—the firewall. It will protect devices from unauthorised access, prevent data leaks over a network, control all Internet connections and data transfers, and block suspicious connections and potentially dangerous network activity, e.g., web camera data feeds.
The firewall for smart phones and tablets has also been upgraded. The firewall log can now be used to view all the website addresses the mobile device has attempted to access. The component will also block the download of malicious files over HTTP that attempt to take advantage of a widespread vulnerability known as Stagefright, which has yet to be closed on millions of Android devices.
All Dr.Web security incident notifications are now displayed in a single window so that users can assess the overall security situation and respond to new events in a timely manner.
The Dr.Web Security Auditor is now even better at discovering vulnerabilities.
Furthermore, the application incorporates a number of tweaks including some that improve how Dr.Web for Android operates on rooted devices.
Dr.Web Security Space for Android is available free of charge to Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web Anti-virus license owners. The new version of Dr.Web for Android is also available as part of Dr.Web Mobile Security Suite (for business) and Dr.Web anti-virus service (Dr.Web Premium and Dr.Web Mobile subscription packages).
|Dr.Web Security Space для Android|
2010First version of Dr.Web for Android released
2015The world's first anti-virus for Android smart TVs
|Over 100 million downloads from Google Play alone!|
December 1, 2016
The plugin is designed to protect a corporate IT infrastructure from malware and spam. It detects and removes all types of malicious software in data streams passing through Microsoft ISA Server and Forefront TMG via HTTP, FTP, SMTP and POP3.
The new plugin version includes the following features:
- An upgraded FTP traffic-scanning routine;
- HTTPS support for Office Control;
- An expanded list of site categories for Office Control;
- Different scanner settings options for dealing with curable and incurable objects have been joined together in the single option: "For infected objects";
- The administrator console now supports French;
- Additional options are available when selecting the type of object that has been discovered to have damage;
- The administrator console now warns users that settings have not been saved when they attempt to move to another settings section;
- The option now exists to apply email filtering rules to both sender and recipient addresses;
- Different access permissions can now be granted for the application's web interfaces.
More information about the aforementioned innovations, as well as system requirements and detailed installation instructions, are available in the release notes.
November 22, 2016
In November 2016, MTS introduced Total!, a new product line for Belarusian users. In addition to broadband Internet and cable TV, the offer includes the Dr.Web Premium subscription package.
MTS subscribers in Belarus who choose the Total! product line will be able to shield their PCs and smart phones from current threats and take advantage of top-quality, comprehensive anti-virus protection. The anti-virus will cure infections; the HTTP monitor will block access to dangerous sites; the anti-spam will filter out spam messages; and the parental control will protect children from exposure to unwanted sites. Dr.Web anti-virus users can also take advantage of the data loss prevention feature and technologies that provide proactive protection against brand-new threats, targeted attacks and exploits. And those who have Android smartphones and tablets will also be able to protect their devices completely free of charge.
October 10, 2016
Readers may recall that Dr.Web Katana makes use of proactive technologies that do not require virus databases: an intelligent analysis of the behaviour of running applications determines whether a particular malware program should be neutralised. In addition to using pre-defined rules, the anti-virus can also employ cloud technologies to detect threats.
The new product Dr.Web Katana Business Edition can be deployed on target hosts remotely which allows administrators to configure end-point security on all hosts, without leaving their desks. Anti-virus statistics from all machines can also be collected remotely.
With Dr.Web Katana Business Edition, businesses will withstand attacks by encryption ransomware and other malicious programs that attempt to penetrate systems through loopholes (including zero-day vulnerabilities). It will serve as an impenetrable barrier to targeted attacks and attempts to break into a corporate network.
A Dr.Web KATANA license is included with Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite.
Detailed information about system requirements and product installation can be found in the Release notes.
from our partners
from our partners
October 7, 2016
Dr.Web CureNet! was released by Doctor Web in 2009, and was included in the Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite product line from the moment it made its debut in 2010, allowing Dr.Web business license owners to scan and cure their Windows PCs and servers with Dr.Web CureNet! free of charge.
Over the past six years, thousands of people worldwide have appreciated Dr.Web CureNet!’s unsurpassed scanning and curing quality. Doctor Web thanks all its customers for their trust in the product, and all the technical specialists who, over the course of many years, have provided valuable feedback and shared their opinions about the utility’s operation, beginning with its beta-testing and up to the present day.
Effective 7th October 2016, Dr.Web CureNet! is being discontinued in Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Therefore, in order to try out the utility in your network (even if another anti-virus is installed on your computers), the company is offering users the opportunity to request a 30-day trial (curing feature not included) or purchase a license (for a 12-, 24-, or 36-month term).
Users who have valid licenses for Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite products can use the utility free of charge until their licenses expire.
September 22, 2016
Improvements in the new version include:
- Windows 10 support.
- Updating over HTTPS; Dr.Web CureNet! administration console updates can now be retrieved from Doctor Web's servers.
- A scan exceptions list can now be indicated.
- If the new option Use less network bandwidth is enabled, the scanner software will be uploaded to the target hosts in serial mode rather than simultaneously, and the interval for gathering statistics will be increased. In addition, adjustments have been made to ensure that the scanners utilize fewer hardware resources on target machines.
- If no account information is available for a selected host, a corresponding warning is displayed.
- An administrator can now specify the network ports to be used by the administration console and on remote machines.
- Filters are now available for scanning reports. The latter now include information about the target host operating system.
- Specifying paths for custom scanning is now easier. The custom scan parameters can be saved in an administrator profile.
- Faster host searches; streamlined distribution of software for scanning.
Furthermore, the following issues have been resolved in Dr.Web CureNet!:
- An error that kept exceptions for Dr.Web CureNet! processes from being created correctly if multiple profiles were available for Windows Firewall.
- An upgraded routine for retrieving statistics while the option to block access to the network during scanning is enabled.
- The update has also made the utility's modules more stable.
August 8, 2016
The applications in question are SYStem Monitor Dr.Web Light Pro and System Services Anti-virus Dr.Web Light. Dunkin assassin nguyen and BUI MAI are listed as their respective developers.
None of these products is present in the Dr.Web product line. Dr.Web Mobile Control Center and the utility Dr.Web CureNet! are the only available Dr.Web products for iOS. A complete list of Dr.Web products on Apple iTunes can be found here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/doctor-web-ltd/id471859441.
Therefore, Doctor Web is not responsible for any consequences that may arise from downloading and installing the above mentioned applications.
Apple's technical support was notified about the incident on August 8, 2016, however, by 8PM MSK no response has been received.
Doctor Web, Ltd. is an exclusive owner of the Dr.Web trademark. We encourage our customers to check application's developer information before purchasing the program to make sure that it has been developed by Doctor Web, Ltd. Specifically, on Apple iTunes click View More by This Developer to check the company name and the information about other applications from the developer available for download.
August 4, 2016
As users may remember, in advance of that date, Doctor Web released the relevant update for Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web Anti-virus 11.0, Dr.Web Anti-virus 11.0 for Windows Servers, Dr.Web 10.0 for MS Exchange, and Dr.Web 11.0 for IBM Lotus Domino.
Doctor Web is always striving to meet the latest information security requirements and rapidly responds to all changes and innovations introduced by operating system developers like Microsoft Corporation. To accomplish this challenging task, Doctor Web had to tailor the operation of Dr.Web components to ensure their compatibility with the updated Windows 10. The fact that the actual changes often didn't correspond to the tweaks and upgrades that Microsoft announced previously made the challenge even more difficult.
Every Dr.Web update released this summer, including those that required a system restart, made sure that, in the face of a major Windows update, user computers would remain well protected.
All the above-listed Dr.Web 11.0 products for Windows, as well as the Dr.Web Anti-virus service version 11, are fully compatible with all the features introduced by Microsoft with the Anniversary Update.
July 26, 2016
The non-signature anti-virus Dr.Web Katana is designed to protect your computer against new threats that your anti-virus is not yet equipped to recognise. The new product incorporates an array of next-generation Dr.Web anti-virus proactive protection technologies. Dr.Web Katana monitors all system processes and blocks those that exhibit malicious behaviour.
Doctor Web’s specialists have prepared the video tutorial to help users. The video describes why using the non-signature anti-virus Dr.Web Katana in conjunction with a traditional anti-virus is critical to protecting a system against the latest, active threats. The video also demonstrates how to download and install this new software product.
We invite you to watch the video about Dr.Web Katana! It is already available on the user support page—download it or watch it online.
July 26, 2016
Similarly to the version for Windows, Dr.Web CureNet! Wizard for iOS does not require that an anti-virus be installed in order to scan target hosts for threats.
Scanning and curing are performed even if computers have other anti-viruses installed on them. You can disable network access for a target machine while it is being scanned to avoid a recurring infection or to prevent an infection from spreading to other network nodes. No matter where they are located, administrators can receive scan result reports.
Dr.Web CureNet! Master for iOS key features:
- Initiates scanning remotely; allows the anti-virus's response to be managed if a threat is detected;
- Cures infected objects;
- Scans email files, archives, and packed objects;
- Virus databases and program modules are updated regularly.
Although the utility effectively exposes malicious programs that have managed to go undetected by other anti-viruses, it is not designed to provide a network with real-time protection from viruses. For comprehensive endpoint security, Doctor Web recommends using other Dr.Web products.
To date, the program supports the Russian, English, French, and German languages. Download Dr.Web CureNet! Master for iOS in the Apple Store.
April 26, 2016
New features of Dr.Web Anti-virus 11.0 for Linux:
- Remote system scanning using SSH protocol — this feature is useful in cases when it is impossible to install an anti-virus directly on the protected object.
- Processes can now also be excluded from SpIDer Gate scanning.
- Scanning of encrypted HTTPS traffic.
- Rescanning of quarantined files.
- Offline usability of the Quarantine via the anti-virus console interface.
- Multiscanning for automatic acceleration of file archives scanning.
- The Dr.Web LinkChecker extension for scanning web pages before they are loaded. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, this extension is automatically installed together with an anti-virus; the installation of extensions for Google Chrome is provided via its extensions catalogue.
Users of Dr.Web Anti-virus for Linux must use the updated distribution to install the program.
April 21, 2016
April 5, 2016
The anti-virus now supports Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11) and boasts a faster scanning speed.
The application has been made compatible with Adguard and recognizes SNI headers, which makes the thematic blacklist more effective.
Dr.Web 11.0 for OS X can also switch to mobile mode automatically—if the application is connected to a centralised protection server and the corresponding option is enabled.
An issue involving a 1Password plugin for Safari has been resolved.
To upgrade to version 11.0, users will need to download a new distribution.
Please note that users who purchase the product can enjoy free use of Dr.Web for Android, BlackBerry, Symbian OS, and Windows Mobile.
February 11, 2016
The highlight of the promo bundle is the new Doctor Web product Dr.Web Katana. It offers protection against new, not-yet-analysed malicious programs that can’t be detected by non-Dr.Web anti-viruses whose virus databases rely on signature-based methods, including heuristic routines. Dr.Web Katana ”understands” malware behavioural patterns and can neutralise threats that exploit zero-day vulnerabilities. It doesn't conflict with other anti-viruses and doesn't require configuration. And it consumes only 36 MB of RAM.
Customers who purchase the bundle will get Dr.Web Katana free of charge to protect their Windows PCs and tablets.
Today, email is the main transport mechanism for malicious files and links to bogus sites. With anti-virus protection for mail servers, employees can work from their personal devices and computers in any part of the world without risking infection with unknown malware. Dr.Web Mail Security Suite is the second product in the promo bundle. It will not only scan inbound email but also check messages when they are being accessed, so that threats that have been invisible to the anti-virus at the moment of intrusion will be neutralised.
The third promo bundle product—Dr.Web Gateway Security Suite—will scan all inbound traffic in a corporate network to prevent intruders from infecting the network and employee personal devices—nodes on which the installation of an anti-virus is difficult or impossible.
- Licenses that offer protection for 25-250 email or Internet-gateway users can participate in the promo.
- When you purchase the promo bundle, you can protect 25-250 PCs with Dr.Web Katana’s non-signature technologies free of charge.
- If you buy the bundle to migrate from a non-Dr.Web anti-virus, you save 50% on mail-server and gateway protection!
- And one more important thing to consider: all Dr.Web users can request free decryption services when their data gets compromised by Trojan.Encoder programs. To date, more than 90% of the people who have contacted us for decryption assistance have been users of non-Dr.Web anti-virus software.
|Buy Dr.Web Katana+ from our partners|